I’ve decided to end this raffle a little early. I felt it was best suited to when people were adjusting to lockdown. With that in mind, I decided to double this week’s prize to a total of 20 GBP (or 22 USD) to you and 20GBP (or 22 USD) to a person or cause of your choice.
- I will send it to you via Paypal. Your choice! (If you would like another currency I will send it at Paypal’s rate at the time.)
- I will also send the same amount to a person or charity that you think could use the help during this time.
- You can enter an image or text.
- The piece should be no longer than 560 characters. i.e. Two tweets. Or an image that can be satisfactorily perceived on a phone or device of similar size.
- You must post it on a publicly viewable Instagram or Twitter account.
- Either tag me or use the tag #tinyisolations.
- Upload it before the prompt changes next Friday.
Note—If I know you in real life I’d love to read your work but I can’t give you the prize.
This Week’s Prompt
Write or make something inspired by the image below. You can be as loose or as direct as you like.
[This image is Royal Tiger by Eugène Delacroix. If you find image prompts hard to use feel free to use any of the words: mountain, tiger, etching, stripe, wind. wild]
Q—Does the affected person/entity have to have an official charity page?
A—No. It can be your favourite bookshop. It can be a classmate. Anyone you like. The only condition is that they provide me with a way to payout.
Q—Are you trying to buy the rights to my work?
A—No. It is yours.
Q—Why randomly selected rather than a prize?
A—When I take on judging positions they require a lot of in-depth thought and unfortunately I have other obligations that must take precedent at the moment.
Q—Why did you do this?
A—I know a lot of people who are working but working from home. So they need a distraction but nothing too big. I also know people who feel they should start a big project now but are feeling overwhelmed. I thought this might be a small fun distraction.
Q—Will you post the winner?
A—Yes, I’ll announce them on my Twitter and/or Instagram stories.